I can’t even count how many times I’ve had a blank page stuck in the end of my Word documents and fought endlessly to get rid of them. Well today I figured out what’s going on and how to do it.
Word can stick a final paragraph in, especially after a table, and that’s what ends up on that last blank page. To get rid of it:
- Click on the ‘file’ tab then go into your options and in the display area make sure ‘Show all formatting marks’ is checked.
- Select the marker for that final paragraph
- Right click on the selection and click ‘paragraph’
- In the ‘spacing’ category set both the before and after spacing to 0
- With the paragraph marker still selected click on the font size and type 1 (it’s not on the little dropdown list of font sizes you can select so you have to type it in).
This has fixed it for me many times – but not always. If that doesn’t work, you can still see where that final paragraph marker is that is forcing the last page to show up so then you can try things like making other paragraphs on the last page smaller or make the bottom margin a bit smaller.